Thursday, July 10, 2008

California

So I left Guatemala yesterday and arrived in California. I was supposed to go stay with my friend, Lukie, in Big Sur, but because of the wildfires they have all been evacuated and are staying in Pebble Beach (outside Monterey). It is a really beautiful spot, but it's kind of hectic with about 4 families living in the house.. but it is making it quite exciting and jam packed days. I think we are going to try to get to Big Sur on the weekend, or Monday, to start up the camp that I was going to work at with kids from the area. I was originally going to try to visit some friends in LA and other areas but now not sure if I'll be able to make it down... but I guess we will see what happens!

Then I should be back in Winnipeg on July 25th, and thinking about staying there for about a month before taking off somewhere else.. thinking about costa rica!