Wednesday, July 16, 2008

LA

So I did actually make it down to LA the other day. I left Lukie and took a bus down to LA where I met a friend, Derek, and stayed with him for 2 nights in Anaheim Hills. Tomorrow I am going to meet another friend, Lily, and stay with her for a few days before heading back to Big Sur. Also planning to meet up with other people from back home that now live in LA. My friend, Shalen, is living in Santa Montica, and his brother, Tristan, is visiting for their birthday this weekend, so I'll be able to celebrate with them! And Lily and I plan on going to Newport Beach on Friday to meet up with a friend of hers.

I really like California actually. The weather is amazing-much nicer than Winnipeg. Hopefull when I get back to Winnipeg the weather is nice cause it will be hard to adjust otherwise.

I've been thinking about plans for next year and I'm looking in to Spanish schools in Costa Rica.. right now I'm thinking about going to school for about 8 weeks in October and November, before heading back to Guatemala for Thanksgiving in Novemeber (American Thanksgiving), when some people from New School will be returning. Then back to Winnipeg before heading to Africa in January. Well at least that is the plan as of today, it seems to be changing daily!